Having recently received some coconut ice as a gift brought at a seaside resort I thought I would try making my own, turns out its quite hard to replicate the smoother fudge-like texture, these were still nice and chewy but slightly crumbly at the same time.
To make this you will need :
- 340g Icing Sugar
- 340g Desiccated Coconut
- 400g Condensed Milk
- Pink food colouring
- Heat the condensed milk in a pan over a low heat and gradually sieve the icing sugar in, keep mixing until the ugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the coconut, mix well until all the mixture sticks together.
- Place half the mixture into a square pan.
- Add a couple of drops of food colouring to the remaining mix and stir until fully coated.
- Put the coloured mix on top of the plain side of the already setting mix and leave to set fully overnight.
- Remove from the square tin and slice into 1cm thick slices and store in an airtight container.