These chocolate cupcakes are always the ones that get the 'you have to give me the recipe for this' reaction, so its about time I posted a chocolate cake recipe! This recipe is also for the large chocolate cake.
For these chocolate cupcakes you will need :
- 4oz plain chocolate
- 1oz cocoa powder
- 6oz Self Raising Flour
- 6oz Butter (Stork baking butter)
- 4oz Caster sugar
- 2oz Muscovado Sugar
- 4 Medium eggs
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- A splash of Vegetable Oil
For the Chocolate Fudge Cream you will need :
- 7oz Plain Chocolate
- 175ml Double Cream
- 8oz Icing Sugar
To make the cakes :
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Melt the chocolate in glass bowl over a boiling pan until runny, allow to slightly cool before use.
- Cream together the softened butter and the 2 sugars.
- Beat the eggs in a measuring jug ready to pour.
- Mix the melted chocolate into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Gradually add the eggs, mixing them in a small amount at at time.
- Add the splash of vegetable oil to the mixture.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder at the same time and use a large metal spoon to carefully mix it.
- Add the milk while mixing to stop the mixture from becoming too dry.
- Divide the mixture between 2 round tins for a large cake or evenly fill the cupcake cases roughly half full. Bake the cupcakes for 15 minutes or the large cake for 25 minutes before checking with a cocktail stick to see if it is cooked. If the cocktail stick comes out clean the cakes are ready.
- Leave the cakes to cool and then decorate with the chocolate fudge icing.
To make the chocolate fudge icing :
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water.
- Whilst on a low heat gently beat in the double cream.
- Once mixed remove from the heat and add the icing sugar carefully mixing until the mixture has a fudge-like texture.
- Either fill the cake to sandwich it together and then cover the cake with the remaining icing or apply a small amount to the cupcake either using a flat knife or piping it on. Add sprinkles and edible glitter for decoration for an extra special touch.